Everyone at some point of our lives has felt overwhelmed, tired or that you just need a break from everything. Maybe it was because you had a problem, you were sick or you were stressed about school or work, and you knew you needed a break but you thought you didn’t have time for that or that you deserve it.
Well, I’m here to tell you something. GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK! You need time for yourself even if it is just 5 minutes. It is not okay to be working all the time.
A moment of self-care, break or whatever you want to call it, is not a waste of time; sometimes you just need a pause in your life and that is okay. We are humans, we are not made to be working 24/7, we need to rest, sleep or do whatever we want that makes us forget our problems.
A break is really important and everyone does different things on their breaks and if you don’t know what to do, here are some options:
- Sleep. It can be a little nap of 5 minutes or it can be 12 hours. You decide
- Do something creative. You can write, draw, paint, sing, make a song, play an instrument, dance.
- Have a dance party. A dance party is just you, your favorite songs, your voice and dance moves. You dance and sing like nobody is watching and you will feel free with the rhythm of the song. You can even invite a friend who is also stressed and it can be more fun.
- Do anything. Put on a face mask, call your friends, cut your hair or idk. Just do something that is not related with what is stressing you.
- Do nothing. Clear your mind, think about nothing and do nothing. This may take a while but when you do it, you will feel refreshed.
Last but not least, I want to tell you that you need to remember that your health (that includes your mental health) is more important than anything!!!